Welcome to Dancing Feet Academy of Dance
Mission and Aims
Our mission is to create a safe, caring, friendly, productive learning environment in which pupils and students are encouraged to reach their full potential.
We seek to accomplish our mission through providing performance opportunities and offer examinations and assessments to reward achievement.
Our Goals are to:
• Provide, in a caring and happy environment, artistic training to the highest possible level, offering all students of the Academy a positive learning experience which is constantly monitored for potential improvement.
• Offer students as many performing opportunities as possible.
• Ensure that classes are professionally structured creating a fun way to exercise whilst also building self confidence.
• Offer help and guidance to those students wanting to audition for places at the UK’s top performing arts/dance schools and colleges.
• Offer help and advice to those wishing to turn a hobby into a professional career.
• Provide a ‘Presentation & Awards Evening’ at the end of each year (July) whereby all students are presented with certificates of achievement whether it be for examinations or assessments.
• Ensure that all students are part of something that they will remember for the rest of their lives.
The Academy produces its own full scale production show at the Queen’s Theatre, Barnstaple every two years. Every pupil from age 4+ is invited to take part and many groups from the show are then entered into the North Devon Performing Arts Festival held in October each year.
Other performance opportunities have included: Summer Seasons at the Saunton Sands Hotel, Pantomime and two West End performances at the London Shaftsbury Theatre & The London Palladium.
Graduates from Dancing Feet Academy
2005 Lauren Rees – London Theatre School
2006 Sophie Loxterkamp – Northern Ballet School
2008 Amy Copp – Collins Performing Arts
2008 Daniel Partridge – Hammond School
2009 Hayley Joy – Bath Spa – BA Hons Dance
2009 Rebecca Kenwood – Bath Spa – BA Hons Musical Theatre
2009 Jodie Fry – London Theatre School
2009 Rosanna Yeo - Laine Theatre Arts – Full Scholarship
2010 Lydia Mackenzie – Legat School of Dance – Full Scholarship
2010 Bethany Filby – Liverpool Theatre School
2010 Jodie Fry – Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music & Dance
2011 Samantha Gilroy – Falmouth – BA Hons Dance
2011 Natasha Burgess – Millennium Performing Arts - Scholarship
2012 Lydia Mackenzie - Central School of Ballet
2012 Olivia Riley - Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music & Dance
2012 Grace Walter - Northern Ballet School - Full Scholarship
2013 Amy Parish – Stageworks
2013 Yasmin Beck - Central School of Speech & Drama
2014 Milly Flynn - The Urdang Academy
2015 Megan Lovering - The Urdang Academy
2016 Yasmin Beck - Italia Conti